Monday, October 27, 2008

GMAT Done

So GMAT fever is over!!! I scored 680 and I still can't get over the shock. Everybody has been telling me that it's a good score but I am not satisfied. What happened to the 700+ scores that I was getting in all practice tests?? My score breakdown was 48 in Quant and 34 in Verbal. My overconfidence in verbal was the cause I guess. How could I screw up where I expected to do really well? I even considered taking the test again because I know I can get a 700+. However, I don't have time, because the application deadlines are fast approaching. Anyway, the good news is that B-Schools consider Quant scores more than Verbal, and a 48 in Quant is really good.
Next steps are TOEFL and essays and I have no intentions of screwing up anymore.





On the day I took GMAT. Were the Red Heels unlucky??? Still wondering....







I reached Dehradun today and so did my cousins. There are14 adults and 3 kids in my home at this moment and I am having a great time with my family. We have some fabulous plans for Diwali :-)

7 comments:

Mystique Wanderer said...

680...not bad...not so good...no reason to think about it twice...

keep heading towards the big goal...everything else will fall in place...

have a great weekend in ddun...the days it doesnt rain...its absolutely fab weather there... watch a movie in prabhat :P

don't blame the heels ;)

Vamsi said...

Hi Niki,
First of all congrats. This is Vamsi yaar.. Rememeber?? 680 is not at all bad as ur expecting. Anyway just want to wish u for ur score. 680 is a gr8 score indeed. CONGRATS!!!

Mini said...

Its an amazing score. wish you loads of success. Keep us updated on what happens next.

PS: Devil heels might have enhanced the devilish bit in you.

Nikita said...

@Mystique Wanderer:
Yeah... not bad.. not so good :-(
I had a fab weekend... how do u know about Prabhat :-)

@Vamsi:
Of course I remember you and I always think of you as the girl-who-turned-out-to-be-a-guy. Haha... jus kidding. I still like your name. THANKS!!!

@Mini:
Thanks. Yeah I feel even more devilish when I wear those heels ;-)

Bhaskar Tripathi (hellBoy) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bhaskar Tripathi (hellBoy) said...

nice score dudette!
Important thing is that it allows you to be eligible in most B-school and you satisfy the minimum cutoff.Everything is fine untill yo umanage to get into a good B-school of oyur choice.

All the best !
have a good life..

Nikita said...

@Hellboy
Hey thanks for the encouraging words :-)